What They Forgot to Teach You About R
0.1 In-person workshops
The impetus for developing and assembling these materials is a two-day hands-on workshop. It is designed for experienced R and RStudio users who want to (re)design their R lifestyle. We focus on building holistic and project-oriented workflows that address the most common sources of friction in data analysis, outside of doing the statistical analysis itself.
Warning: these materials absolutely do not constitute a self-contained “book”, nor do they capture all workshop content. But it is useful to us to organize and share certain excerpts in this format.
Repo that makes this site: https://github.com/jennybc/what-they-forgot
Past and future offerings:
- rstudio::conf 2018, San Diego, CA
- Seattle, WA, 2018 October 4 & 5 at The Westin Seattle
- rstudio::conf 2019, Austin, TX
- an offering during 2019 is likely but no details yet
The workshops typically include substantial components that draw on other materials, such as:
- Happy Git and GitHub for the useR
- Iterating well with the purrr package
What They Forgot to Teach You About R by Jennifer Bryan, Jim Hester is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.